Thanks To The BBS (longish)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steven on January 05, 2004 at 23:26:00:

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of the kind and patient people that contribute to this BBS that have helped me over the past year or so.
When I became interested in learning to play the tuba, I posted questions on this BBS and was given some very good guidance, helping me to make informed decisions.
Klaus e-mailed excellent advice and recommendations and got me off to a good start. He only abandoned my cause when I decided to get rid of my first instrument early on and switch to a vintage bell-front 4 banger! ;) I received welcomed criticism from joeS, encouragement from Dan Schultz, and Mike(I forget which 4 digits go here) and RobPM were indispensable resources when I was researching the aforementioned bell-front horn before purchase.
I STILL want to get a helicon, and while I'm not finished shopping yet, I really appreciate all the time and patience Lee, Sam, Dave and Joe (and a few others like Phil Holcomb who's house/museum was a great place to visit during my recent holiday) invested when sending me photos and descriptions.
The help I've received and the answers to my "newbie" postings on this BBS have resulted in a great new hobby for me - I'm having a great time playing my tuba and I'm off to a great start studying with a very qualified teacher.
So, thanks everyone. Thanks, Sean!

Follow Ups: