Re: Strap for YFB-621 Yamaha F

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on January 06, 2004 at 17:43:29:

In Reply to: Strap for YFB-621 Yamaha F posted by Darrell Pugh on January 04, 2004 at 13:33:15:

I use a harness that I made from 2" webbing and a couple of steel clips. The harness makes an X across my back, and straps together in the front using a D ring. There are straps sewn onto it that hang down and clip into the rings on the instrument.

After using that harness for several hundred shows at Fiesta Texas, I noticed that the steel hooks were wearing through the brass ring on the 621. So, as a temporary measure I tightened a couple of nylong wire tires around the brass so that the steel hook would rest on them instead of the brass. That was 11 years ago, and they are still there.

With the harness, I didn't need to hold the instrument at all for it to remain in approximate playing position. This was a great benefit for the standing and prancing about that we did. I could also reach around with my left hand and work most of the valves if I needed my right hand for something, like sorting out music or shaking a hand (this always impressed the shakee far more than it should have).

Rick "who spent about five bucks for six feet of cotton webbing, a D ring, two clips, and a needle and thread" Denney

Follow Ups: