Re: Ask question again~

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lee Stofer on January 09, 2004 at 08:42:40:

In Reply to: Ask question again~ posted by Clare on January 08, 2004 at 02:11:23:

No insult intended, but I would suggest a good language teacher first. The more clearly and effectively you can communicate, the better answers you'll get.

Is a BBb tuba or a CC better for you? That is a good question, but no one on the BBS can answer that for you. If you are in school, I'd suggest using the school-owned instrument (which is probably a BBb tuba) until you develop enough to know what you want. Take every opportunity to play every different tuba you can get your hands on, even if only for a few minutes. This will broaden your knowledge and experience more than relying on the opinions of others.

If your teacher actually said that he has never tried a good BBb tuba, then he was exaggerating, or has a very limited background.

If CC tubas were "always better than BBb tubas", then no one would be buying BBb tubas, and schools would be buying CC sousaphones for their marching bands, etc., and that just isn't happening. Some of the finest brass playing to be found in all the world is in British brass bands. I do not think they suffer at all from their tradition of BBb and Eb tubas. Just remember, on a multiple-choice test, you can count on the statements that include "always" or "never" to be false.

Lee Stofer

Follow Ups: