Re: Re: Re: Re: What should i do?!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on January 09, 2004 at 11:55:03:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: What should i do?! posted by Jacob on January 08, 2004 at 21:23:25:

Well, based on what you just posted, you have answered your own question: so try to take the time off. I keep getting this implied desire from your posts. This seems to be what you feel is the correct course for you at this time. But you need to actually TALK to the coach now, and not to us. We can only listen to you. We cannot fix the problem for you. That is your (rather tough) job.

After you stand up and say what is needed, be ready for a little guilt trip if you coach is a self-serving "dud" (as Ray so aptly termed it). Think of it this way: The more understanding the coach is about this (if you present your case well) the more seriously you should work on doing the extra things needed to keep up to speed while you are healing or involved in the auditions. And the more that the coach lays the "wuss" rap on you the less you need to worry. Ray is right about the self-serving thing; my brother-in-law is a coach and he says that many of his colleagues are self-interested to the extreme. They are interested more in their team records than on how the activity can benefit the student (which is the whole purpose of student athletics).

I hope that you do whatever you feel you need to do soon so that you have stress-free recovery time. And I hope that you make the All-State band this year. Good luck in finding your way with this, Jacob.

Wade

Follow Ups: