Re: Re: Re: good Eb tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LV on January 11, 2004 at 08:43:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: good Eb tuba posted by Tony E on January 10, 2004 at 21:25:33:

Nope, not me. The must be some LV who likes it a lot though......go figure, all LVs not in agreement? What is this world coming to! I have played almost all of the 3400s to hit the states in the last coupla years looking for one I did like. Why? Because I did play one that I did really love. I couldn't talk the guy out of it. Hey, look! There's a spider on the wall! (sound of the "REAL" LV scurrying away with a tuba under his arm......).

The ones I have played recently were all dramatically different (from the the one I liked and each other for that matter). One thing I noticed is they have vented the first valve, but strangely enough, some of the horns had no compression in some of the other slides, some of them had compression in all the other slides. I checked for other venting, but there was only venting on the first valve. I know that Willi and Co. are making there own valves now. Maybe all the bugs aren't worked out yet? Only pure speculation on my part. Maybe they had some stealth vents......

On OTHER horns, leaky valves=poor intonation, poor response and uncentered pitches, so who knows.

OTH, I played four Willson euphys recently (also now have "Willi" valves) and they were the best 2900s I've played in a long time (maybe ever....?). The slides were fitted well and the valves were like buttah. Super solid.

FWIW (hey, you're getting paid for, aren't you?)

L "I am the original, but not the only" V

PS: I think I can guess who the impostor is....

Follow Ups: