Re: Re: Re: clanky valve problem

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken sickler on January 18, 2004 at 23:53:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: clanky valve problem posted by jello on January 17, 2004 at 22:20:29:

allrighty guys.
last night i spent a good whilepoking and prodding the tuba in my room to try and figure out where the offending noise was produced. the horn has the mini-ball linkages and upon a close inspection of the first valve linkage i noticed that the end of the link arm was actually hitting against the part of the spatula where it was connected. after another good hour or two of tweaking, prodding, and odd oiling and whatnot (took the sucker off, cleaned it off reoiled) i put it back on, and turned it (i cant really explain how i turned the thing, but i did it and it worked). now no more clank! whew. guess it must have just gotten turned whilst it was in the car the other day. thanks for all your responses. im just glad it will be functional in time for all-county band (gotta show off my new toy, after all it runs circles around all the other horns ive ever played in school, why not show it off to the rest of the soon to be jealous tuba section). and all my friends from band want to see it, and since it is not going anywhere near that school band room it will be their only chance before a concert or maybe (probably not though) when our band goes down to disney world this spring. just out of curiosity, would you guys happen to know of any safe, fast, and **cheap** of getting a tuba from new york to florida? ive talked to a few people and they have told me to avoid putting it on a plane at all costs and i agree, but it would be nice to have my nice spiffy new tuba when iplay in disney. ive heard that amtrak is good but i dont think it will work with no real way of getting around down there(still just 16, so i cant drive). ohh well, it just popped into my head and i thought id ask. thanks again, Ken

Follow Ups: