Re: Miraphone 191 mouthpiece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thomas Mosig on January 22, 2004 at 11:54:28:

In Reply to: Miraphone 191 mouthpiece posted by Garrett on January 21, 2004 at 11:33:25:

I use a Miraphone TU-41, or the "Theinert Orchestra" mouthpiece on my 191. This mouthpiece gives me a huge, dark sound. It's about the same cup width as the TU-33, but has a deeper cup and a larger throat. Check miraphone.de for more info regarding the mouthpiece. I did try many mouthpieces at a local band store, including the helleburg models, but they all seemed stuffy (to me at least). If at all possible, try it before you buy it. See if the store will accept a return if the mouthpiece does not suit you.

One quick note on this mouthpiece: It's usually not held in stock at stores. You will have to order it. When I first called the brasswind, they quoted me a six month delivery time. A second phone call two weeks later gave a one year delivery. I emailed Miraphone, and the stated they have them in stock, and they recommended some "local" sources. I called Tony Clements, and the mouthpiece was delivered two weeks after the order was placed. I still haven't figured out what the deal was with the brasswind.

Follow Ups: