Re: Re: Re: Re: Largest Euph MP w/tenor shank??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by With a full depth... on January 26, 2004 at 18:16:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Largest Euph MP w/tenor shank?? posted by Thomas on January 26, 2004 at 17:40:17:

...tuba cup?

Bobo has designed a wide and shallow cup mpc made by Yamaha. I have had the replica version in back-order for a couple of years or more with no delivery so far. Honestly I rather expect to use it on bassbone for an extra push in the low range.

But I have tried small as well as large tuba standard mouthpieces (my choice on Eb and BBb basses is a PT-50) on euph and bassbone. They sound very well and allow for very loud undistorted playing. But the octaves, especially in the upper range, are very compressed. Down to a minor seventh.

I very well recognise the existence of embouchure wizzards able to tweak any intonation problem. That is true artistry. Having a 5 or 6 octave range with normal equipment is not. Even I can do that, when I practise regularly. The 32nd or 40th partials are very well doable on good BBb basses.

You surely have heard information somehow similar to what you tell. But I am very sceptical about your deeper understanding of it.

Klaus

Follow Ups: