Re: Re: Re: Bring to Army Conference

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on January 27, 2004 at 13:57:08:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Bring to Army Conference posted by Daryl Hickman on January 27, 2004 at 10:36:06:

It depends. How big is your house?

I try to keep from outspending my wife out of the discretionary fund. My hobbies are more expensive than hers, which requires me to wait for those little opportunities.

Thank goodness the motorhome was considered an equal purchase, even though in this stage of restoration I'm having more fun with it than she is.

The point is this: It's all coming from the discretionary fund.

I use that airplane thing, though. Her father is an ex-air traffic controller, and teaches instrument flying along with frequently flying his own airplane. On of her uncles owns a farm with a big enough field to use as a runway for his several airplanes (I envy the hangar more than the airplanes). A great-uncle buys and sells corporate jets, and just recently got too old to fly his Citation; he's touring around the country with a monster diesel motorhome now. A cousin lives in Oregon in a neighborhood that abuts an airport, and his hangar is attached to his house. My wife has been nicely desensitized to expensive hobbies, heh, heh.

Rick "who does NOT want to own an airplane" Denney

Follow Ups: