Re: Re: Re: Yamaha??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on July 05, 1999 at 09:41:43:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Yamaha?? posted by Jon B. on July 05, 1999 at 09:13:38:

Sorry Jon, didn't mean to offend you. I meant to apologize in private but couldn't find your address.

I really don't know how long Yamaha takes to make it's horns, the figures weren't meant to be taken literally. All I meant to imply was that more time is probably put into the horns that are TRULY custom made for a specific artist in mind. I really thought that's what "custom" meant anyways. If I was going to order a Yamaha "Custom" horn, I would expect to be at the factory during construction providing input into the design of my "custom" horn. If I'm not there to customize, is it truly a custom horn, or a horn with a few more bells and whistles than the other models?

Jim Self will tell me he loves his "custom" horn because he plays it. If he didn't, my guess is he wouldn't waste his time. Concerning the general tuba-playing public, however, I have heard from countless repairmen of problems with construction consistency, and have heard from many disgruntled owners about the same construction problems and unexciting, unflexible sound who want to ditch there Yamahas for something else. Don't shoot the messenger, Jon.

You don't happen to own a Yamaha CC 822S do you? ;)

Again, I apologize.

Dave

Follow Ups: