Re: Play-testing, what's it mean for you?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on July 05, 1999 at 11:53:09:

In Reply to: Play-testing, what's it mean for you? posted by Dale Phelps on July 05, 1999 at 10:31:04:

Dale is a good guy, and a good thinker. Personally, I've bought (and "built") tons (at least ten) of CC tubas (trying to find "Mr. Right") and several mouthpieces...I found buyers for all of the tubas, after I determined that they weren't for me. If something seems really, REALLY good, you are still not 100% certain that it is for you, and you need to own SOMETHING, maybe it is OK to buy it and try it out for a few months or a year and then sell it, if you do become disappointed with it. The use of the instrument AND your widened experience are just about always worth the amount of money that you (might have) lost buying, and then selling later.

**I DID finally settle on a MOUTHPIECE that I like for big CC's -- I don't have TOO many extra "rejects" laying around, and I just tossed most them into the gloveboxes of the family vehicles, in case I do something REALLY STUPID and show up for a gig without my perferred mouthpiece in the case with the tuba. (Helpful tip #73 from me, a "tubadummie")

Follow Ups: