Re: Which gigbag?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett W. on July 13, 1999 at 14:16:25:

In Reply to: Which gigbag? posted by Sean Chisham on July 13, 1999 at 13:05:05:

I also have an Alteri bag, and I must say, I like it...
The bag is very comfortable to walk with, either with the back-pack style straps, or with the single shoulder strap. The bag is not totally waterproof, so I wouldn't want to keep my clothes in it during pouring rain. My bag has been used almost every day for 6 years, and still looks and works like it did when it was new. I do have a couple of complaints, though... I cannot carry the bag using the handle strap. I am too short, and my arms aren't long enough or something. The tuba drags on the ground if I do. I must use one of the methods of shoulder carrying. My other BIG complaint is about The Protection! The bag is very thin. My horn has several dings in it that would not be there if I used a hard case. I just recently dented the smoke stack portion of my bell while leaning it against a piano bench. This would not happen with many other bags that have a stiffer wall design. My personal favorite bag is the Reunion Blues leather bag. I am in the process of buying a new horn, and I am most likely going to buy the Reunion Blues leather bag, not another Alteri. Alteri bags are my second choice.
Summary: Alteri bags are great, light weight, and comfortable, but they lack the protection that can be provided by some other bags.
Thanks for listening...
-Brett

Follow Ups: