Re: Re: Re: Mark Mordue

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on July 14, 1999 at 12:36:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Mark Mordue posted by alan on July 14, 1999 at 10:12:24:

I'm a student of Mordue's at Ball State. I'll pass along his email address to you privately but don't expect a response for a while. He has a summer gig somewhere in Colorado I believe. After he ran out of money bumming around france he came back and earned his masters from Akron and his doctorate up in michigan from fritz kaenzig. I believe he won a few auditions in between but turned them down to continue his education. He appears to be settling down now and is actually engaged! :)
Quick tie-in to another discussion: Mordue is a genuinely nice guy and has a lot to offer as a teacher once you learn how he thinks. And Ball State... while definatey not a music power house in same sense as IU or Eastman has a great deal to offer in terms of lots of playing opportunities and great faculty. Those that want to get great at the instrument have absolutely no excuse for not doing so at ball state. My point? Add it to your list of potential colleges.. call mordue.. if they offer you money give it some thought.. i'm not going to argue that you can't do better for a lot more money somewhere else.. but i can say in good conscience that you won't go wrong either. heck.. better yet, don't go to ball state! more practice room space for me ;b
Shameless plug over :)
enjoy life,
joseph :)

Follow Ups: