Re: Miraphone Case fit Rudy Meinl?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary Swart on July 17, 1999 at 10:52:11:

In Reply to: Miraphone Case fit Rudy Meinl? posted by wwjmaj on July 17, 1999 at 07:10:10:

It is quite unlikely that the Meinl will fit a Miraphone, or any other brand, case. Hard cases tend to be make and model specific, not to even mention expensive. The Woodwind and Brasswind catalog shows only one Meinl BB tuba, model B45-45. The case is $500 plus auto freight shipping! (mine was $90) While it is probably very tempting to put off getting a hard case, consider that the tuba in question sells for $6300. I made that mistake with my second tuba, and went with a gig bag. Very convienent to carry (backpack style) but not much protection. When I took it in to get the dents removed, the repairman said, "Gig bags are the repairman's best friend." That's the long and short of it. You're right about needing the hard case, but I fear you're at a dead end in getting by for cheap. You can contact Charlie at WBW and he can give you a more specific answer, but he's on vacation until August 3. WBW has a form you can use to send them necessary measurements of you tuba to assist in matching a case, but if you have the B45-45, you need the WR2089 case. Of course, if you have access to that Miraphone case, you could try it on. If it is a little too large, some careful fitting of foam could make it work. But whatever you do, protect that thing!

Follow Ups: