Re: Tuba Stands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on July 25, 1999 at 22:29:29:

In Reply to: Tuba Stands posted by Steve Marcus on July 25, 1999 at 21:39:13:

While I don't think it is particularly "rugged" or suited to "many years of hard use", I use the DEG tuba stand these days and it has some distinct advantages over others I've tried. If you're like me, you hate to have a bunch of crap to carry around with your tuba. Its bad enough to have to schlepp a mute or an extra tuba without having to carry a stand as well. The nifty thing about the DEG is they offer a velour covered case for the stand that fits nicely into the bell of your tuba for transportation. The DEG is also lightweight compared to others so it isn't awkward to carry in the bell nor will it damage the bell in transport. The only problem I've ever had with my DEG's are the retaining nuts. If you tighten them too much they will bind or break off. But once you get the hang of how much to tighten the bolts, the stands hold up pretty well. In any event, even the ones I've broken were able to be repaired with about $2.00 worth of parts from the local Home Depot so I'd say they're pretty servicable anyway. They're also cheaper than the others. The last time I bought, the stand was $50.00 and the case was $20.00. Good luck!

Follow Ups: