Re: Re: Re: Custom Mouthpieces

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on August 03, 1999 at 08:58:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Custom Mouthpieces posted by Doug Elliott on August 02, 1999 at 23:39:48:

Well Doug, it is much easier to find you if people know you're listening! I wasn't aware you were checking this BBS out and I am glad you do. And since you are monitoring this board, I'll pop the question to you. You referred to the earlier thread about backbores and receivers and I am hoping you can take the time to tell us your thoughts on the subject. Obviously, we could all benefit from your years of experimentation and I, for one, would be very curious to know what you discovered in your studies. Specifically, what conclusions did you come to in your exploration of backbore/venturi unions and what effects did the gaps in receivers have on the playability of a given tuba? To be candid, with the setup I currently have I am really only looking for ways to improve the intonation and centering capabilities of my tuba. I'm pretty satisfied with sound and response and how even the horn plays through all ranges. Not that I'm not looking for any improvements I can find but right now I'm trying to address things that I feel could be better with my current equipment setup. Any thoughts you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups: