Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mouthpiece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by G. R. Mon on July 09, 2000 at 22:20:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mouthpiece posted by Doug on July 09, 2000 at 21:33:16:

Get real, Doug.

AP Chemistry studying requires 3 - 4 hours of daily study to do it right, if it is an intense summer course. The class might be 2 hours a day.

Tuba practicing might be 2 - 3 hours a day.

Summer reading might be 2 hours a day.

Now, are you ACTUALLY devoting this much time to these endeavors EVERY day? Even if you are, I would still think that 5 or 10 hours each week could be budgeted towards lawn cutting, weeding, edging, and the $60 + tax for a new mouthpiece could be generated in NO time.

Of course, I'm sure that you have some REALLY EXCELLENT reasons why that just isn't feasable. C'mon, in the U.S.A...people BEGGIN' for people to work ANY hours...and NO way to raise a few mouthpiece bucks???

Your values and perspective might need some guidance and reinforcement, as do ALL of ours at times. You sound a LOT like my OWN whiny kids who have "plenty" and boo-hoo about it. I can tell that you are a good kid and have tremendous potential. Now DEMONSTRATE that potential. ACE the Chemistry course, get ALL the way through a TOUGH tuba etude book this summer, walk in to school in late August ready to construct thoughtful and topical essays about all of your summer reading assignments, show up for band with a new Helleberg that YOU earned the money to pay for, AND earn some MORE cash - keeping some for your expenses and give some to your church.

It sure sounds like I'm pickin', but what I'm doing is ENCOURAGIN". GO DO WELL!

Follow Ups: