Re: B&S PT-6P

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Sturgeon on July 10, 2000 at 12:18:16:

In Reply to: B&S PT-6P posted by Mike Silvani on July 10, 2000 at 11:53:56:

Custom Music sells the PT-6P and they can let you know if they come silver plated for sure. They are listed in Sean's "Shops" list.

Have you tried the Meinl Weston 2155 or new custom 2000? They are about the same size as the PT-6P, maybe slightly bigger. The 2000 is made only in silver plate and has an engraved NY city sky line on the bell. I tried one at Dillon music and it was a very smooth playing horn. Also, don't discount the Meinl Weston model 32. It is a full size 5 rotor CC, .768 bore and 17 3/4 inch bell. Very nice sound with great projection, yet nimble enough for quintet work. The price is also more than $2K cheaper! I'm plugging the 32 because I am a satisfied customer. It's a biased opinion so take it for what it's worth, but it is definitely worth a try. If I had the money, I would have bought the new 2000 model though. The PT-4P maybe a bit small for large orchestral works IMO. Is there a specific reason you wanted a silver plated horn? They general have a brighter sound and the finish does last longer if you can afford it. Good luck and happy hunting!

Follow Ups: