Re: Re: Re: Re: Service Bands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cpt. O on July 19, 2000 at 08:08:43:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Service Bands posted by tubanon on July 19, 2000 at 00:28:50:

Sorry for my Knee-jerk reaction, Tubanon, yours is a valid question. Although regulations don't allow for beard (mustache is OK)or long hair, I wouldn't think that this would hold you back in an audition. Your appearence isn't just clothes and grooming, but just as importantly, your demeanor. Walk tall, Sit up straight, and refer to the person auditiong you as "Sir" or "Ma'am". Most likely it will be an enlisted person, and they will laugh and say "don't call me Sir" but you have just won some major points with them! You may then address them by their rank, Seargent, Staff Seargent, etc., or continue to call them Sir and win even more points!
As far as a tux goes, this is overkill. (I think, I never auditioned for one of the top groups. the shame...) I think a suit would be allright, and maybe just slacks and a sports coat with shirt and tie. Bare minimum would be khakis (Dockers) and a button up shirt. No ball-cap frat-boy look, and no sneakers!
I hope this was more helpful than my original post, and if you are considering enlisting I wish you the best of luck!
Mike "actually just a Corporal Obvious" F.

Follow Ups: