tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob Bass on July 22, 2000 at 16:14:55:

I have been interested in tuba stuff for many years.I have just now found this site tube net and can't hardly push these bottons fast enough to share my collections of tubas. My most resent one is a Mirafone 191 5 Ro. valve gold brass tuba. I bought from Brasswind Woodwind.I sold a nice 4 Ro. Sanders that I had for 8 years. I wanted a larger horn. As my grampa always had 10 or more boatmotors, grandma always asked him why do you have so many, and he would always say this one doesn't idle right and so on. then he would go and buy another motor, and collect some dust in the garage. But I guess that made the old fart happy as Grandma would say. So when my wife starts to ask questions I just tell her I have been taught by the best. Any way I also own a Reynolds 3 valve bell front, it's a great big horn for the outdoor community band concert gigs, miestro never asked for more bass during the concerts. I had the privlige to tour Europe with the Blue Lake International Adult Band this year, and this tuff horn surrived the trip well as I was the only tuba player in the 40 piece band. I would say it's made of some real heavy brass. In the sousaphone's I own two. I play them for different occasions. Scottville
Clown Band I use thee' what I call,"a styrofoam tuba" that's nothing great but is a little easier on the old bones. Last but a goodie, is a silver Martin Susie that has a great sound and fun to play in sit down concerts, or a short parade. My goal some day is to own a Helicon tuba for the German/Dixie band. Hope to hear about your tuba fedishes soon. Rob Bass

Follow Ups: