Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaks in the mouth area

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on July 30, 2000 at 12:07:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaks in the mouth area posted by Paul R. Ogushwitz on July 30, 2000 at 06:01:25:

I feel that my sound is a synthesis of all of the experiences I've had to this point in my life. I pick and choose which aspects of which teachers and performers I want to emulate. By no means did I mean to infer that I would ever want to sound exactly like any one of my teachers.. quite the contrary, I've had teachers that I've absolutely adored but as I've grown I can still think of things that I would approach a little differently. Ultimately, I will always sound like *me* but by the same token while taking lessons with a specific teacher I think it only makes sense to try it their way atleast once.. if you don't even bother to do that then why are you wasting everyone's time and your money taking lessons from him/her?

I hope that is a little clearer.. hrmm..
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I agree with you. I can be very obsessive sometimes and have a tendency to makes teachers a little crazy and I've had many different teachers so I've had lots of time to think this through.

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?
joseph 'Zen and the Art of Tuba Maintenance' felton

Follow Ups: