Re: Re: Need info on Buescher Helicon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan Cass on July 03, 2001 at 12:31:22:

In Reply to: Re: Need info on Buescher Helicon posted by Heli Man on July 03, 2001 at 10:29:00:

Yahoo! Can you write to me and I will respond tomorrow (hopefully) with a picture of it. I'll be playing it tonight at a fireworks show.

Mine has two braces attached to the leadpipe receiver, where the gooseneck swivels. It sounds like we have two different horns if yours is soldered directly to the tuning slide. But, can you measure 1) from the receiver to the first 90 degree bend in the leadpipe (this would be the 'height' of the leadpipe and would determine if you have to 'scrunch down' or 'stretch up' to play the horn - I'm scrunching down), and 2) the total length of the leadpipe and bits from receiver to mouthpiece. This would help me determine what the total length of the horn *should* be and probably why I have to pull the dang tuning slide *and* extensions almost all the way out!

Yes, it's a BBb with the extensions in, but I imagine it was originally an Eb or F tuba without the extension slides. I'll have to pull them out and check it on my tuner! :-)

Bryan

Thank you!

Follow Ups: