Re: Want to buy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Ross on July 08, 2001 at 21:55:13:

In Reply to: Want to buy posted by Thomas Pålsson on July 08, 2001 at 15:47:51:

Hi Thomas,
I take it from your e-mail address that you are in Sweden. My quick response will be that I can't help you much (it's been a very long time since I was last in Sweden), but I would suggest that you go down through the messages listed here and look for postings from a fellow named Klaus Bjerre. Klaus lives in Denmark and seems to have some contacts in music around Scandinavia. He also has purchased a couple of used instruments from the USA though E-bay and had them shipped to Denmark so he may be able to give advice on that option as well. I'd drop him an e-mail and solicit his advice.

Also, since I don't know where you are in Sweden I don't know which universities would be close to you, or which university you are interested in. In any case, contact the music departments of universities near you - they may know of a student who is upgrading his tuba and has an older one for sale.

In the worst case, you can also find out that if the University has instruments available to loan to students. You may find that buying a good used tuba costs almost as much as buying a cheap new tuba in practice (although you end up with a much finer instrument). If this is out of reach, continuing to borrow or rent may be the only option.

Best of luck,

Mike Ross

Follow Ups: