Re: Ohio Tuba Teachers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ohio University Graduate on July 09, 2001 at 10:36:41:

In Reply to: Ohio Tuba Teachers posted by Ryan PA on July 07, 2001 at 18:30:50:

I studied euphonium with Jason Smith at Ohio University from 1999 to 2001. I earned a Masters in Euphonium performance under his tutleage. He is an amazingly gifted musician. I can also tell you that he is very sincere about his students' futures. He does all of the great, extra (and often unseen) things that good teachers do to help their students achieve everyting they are capable of achieving.

An earlier comment was made about his career guidance. He is a good guidance helper in that he does not force his opinion on you, rather, he gives you all of the options and freedom to decide what it is that you want to pursue.

As far as marching band is concerned, MOST professors would prefer to see performance majors doing something "more constructive and a little less destructive." (please, no flames, I marched Drum Corps and understand all points of view on this tireless subject).

If you have any questions about colleges in the state of Ohio, I would be more than delighted to share them with you at the e-mail address provided above.

Best of Luck,

Follow Ups: