Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polite tuba testing.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on July 18, 2001 at 11:37:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polite tuba testing. posted by WWII Gen? on July 18, 2001 at 06:58:26:

Yeah, I know what you're saying. As a group they didn't do the greatest job of raising their children (my peers). I think there are two reasons: first, having grown up in the depression and then lived through the horror and deprivation of war, they were determined to "make things easier" for their kids. They just went overboard. Second, because they DID have this ethic of not talking about themselves, they didn't communicate to their children the importance of moral and ethical behaviour.

Happily, my Dad didn't make enough dough to REALLY spoil me, and my Mom always took time to give me guidance; most of my friends weren't so fortunate. But the boomers are responsible for their own behavior as adults. Every person MUST examine the way his parents did things, and strive to do better. If not, we will never improve as people, and each generation will just become a bit more degraded. For example, my Dad smoked; I don't. I overeat; my children do not.

Joe "Could discuss this all day, but it doesn't belong here" Baker

Follow Ups: