Re: Anybody here own the new Cerveny F?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on July 19, 2001 at 12:19:16:

In Reply to: Anybody here own the new Cerveny F? posted by Mary Ann on July 19, 2001 at 10:18:34:

Call Matt Walters Now!
He has been pretty good in getting a good supply of Cerveny F's in and out of his store. They are five valve units and play excellent! Best of all they are very inexpensive. I have had the opportunity to try out three of these and all have been fairly consistent. The low register is actually far more superior than a "standard" german style F and in fact low D and low C on these eemed to speak almost as well as a Yamaha 621, which seems to have the best low register out of any F tuba. It is a true F tuba sound, but a bit smaller and brighter than a full size F. More than likely Dillon's has at least one in stock now to try out. If Matt has two he will tell you the real differences between the two from his perspective, but your best results would come from trying them out in person. I had never seen a Cerveny with five valves before I saw his stock, but if I were going to buy a small F for solo stuff, this would be a great deal.
Matt G

Follow Ups: