Re: Monsterweights are Here!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cliff on July 19, 2001 at 13:34:31:

In Reply to: Monsterweights are Here! posted by Mark F. on July 17, 2001 at 09:22:49:

Mark

After hearing your discussions about weighted caps (I have a 191). I decided to experiment. I went to the local Ace and bought 4 huge steel nuts (about 1.25") and HOT-GLUED them to my valve caps. Your monsterweights were not available yet, and i wasn't prepared to make a permenant modification. I also tried playing with just the glue on the caps, trying to determine if any differences were due to the glue and not the added weight. BTW, each nut weighed over 8oz. I gotta say the results were something else. My tongueing was better, better high range, ability to focus, low end, etc.. I am perfectly willing to admit that more practice would help all of these as well, so all of you pro's don't berate me too badly. As an amatuer band director-type I welcome anything (gadget,gizmo, doo-hickey) that will improve my playing. Anybody who has read my post can verify that I ramble. My question is: Am I getting similiar results as I would with the Monsterweights. If so, I would probably get them and JB Weld them on. Has anyone else tried HOT-GLUE? My wife is into crafts. She was away on business, and I started experimenting.

Cliff Higgins

Follow Ups: