Re: Re: Anybody here own the new Cerveny F?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 653-5, 654-6 on July 20, 2001 at 18:36:16:

In Reply to: Re: Anybody here own the new Cerveny F? posted by Ace on July 20, 2001 at 15:58:57:

Matt appears to try to keep a small supply of CFB-653-5 Cerveny F tubas around the store. Last time I talked with him about it he had one left. He would have to special order CFB-654-6 -- call him for the details.

I've now recently heard several very positive votes for these two horns as very responsive in the mid-low "weenie note" region. The horns have either an 18mm or 18.2mm bore (depending on whether you believe their website or their product catalog). The bell is 14 1/8 inches across. I assume you'd have to call this a 3/4 F, but perhaps it would qualify for a small 4/4 ??? I don't know how they play, size wise.

According to the "home office" in the Czech Republic, the 654-6 has a thumb activated "quint valve" (for sake of argument, let's call this V5), which from the photo at their website has a much larger bore than the other valves. According to a reliable source, the bore of this valve is around .810 - .820 inches. The right hand operates V6, which is a flat half step.

Steve Inman
Kokomo, IN

Follow Ups: