seller sentiment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by *tears up* on July 22, 2001 at 18:54:03:

ok, guys, this might sound like a kooky question, but here goes....

I am selling my horn, and I have had several offers, and I am down to two serious buyers. One has offered a slight bit more than another, but not really enough to matter. The first (lets' call him Harry) is a player in a church quintet who played in HS and in an Army band and just wants a tuba to play in his church 5tet. So I figure the horn will be played often and cared for and stuff like that.... The second (let's call him Alex) Offered SLIGHTLY more (like 50 bucks) than Harry, but he told me on the phone that his seventh grade son plays the tuba, but he broke the schools horn last year and the director won't let him use a school horn this year.

So, should I sell my horn to a person that I believe will care for my horn and play it...Harry, or, for just a bit more money, should I abandon my horn to this person knowing the fate that might befall it? This horn I"m selling was my first tuba and and I attached to it, but the time has come for me to cast it off, should I also cast off my sentiment for it?

thanks

a.s.

Follow Ups: