Re: Re: Re: more tuba travel issues

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on July 23, 2001 at 17:01:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: more tuba travel issues posted by Rick Denney on July 23, 2001 at 16:08:01:

Neither being a stockholder in SAS nor being their personel manager I hardly am in a position to give you an apology on their behalf. But I must admit, that we also have our share of people promoted beyond the limits of their talents.

SAS has tested quite well in comparative tests, so I might wonder a bit, that they can afford to have such a person employed.

But jerks are not reserved for SAS or Denmark. Even in our small world of brasses one can meet a business behaviour from companies claiming a professional status on US-, if not on international-, levels, that is below belief.

If you want to experience the "sunny side" side of Nyhavn (which is not a channel, as it leads nowhere, but an appendix to the harbout, where fruit and vegetable sales to the consumers were done right from the decks of the small boats coming from the small agricultural islands) in Danish bandmemberstyle, then buy your beers around the corners. Just as cold, but bottled, and at about a fifth of the restaurant prices. Enjoy it sitting on the heavy woodwork of the quay. Joking with the crews of the sailships.

The Danish term for the sunny side of "New Harbour" is not represented properly by the word "sunny". But as I do not want to be monkeyed out, no further "cultural" reports.

Klaus

Follow Ups: