selection

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by eric o on July 25, 2001 at 23:36:02:

OK, here's a question: I am looking to buy an f tuba. I have looked just about everywhere and played a great number of horns. I am a student (=on a budget). Basically I understand that I am not probably going to be able to afford a top of the line f tuba. I was thinking that i should probably get a cheaper, perhaps lesser quality horn now to allow me to learn the tuba, and then later, if I decide to go on with performance, I could upgrade to a really excellent f-tuba. I have looked at several types (including MW 182, MW Hilgers (haven't played yet, plan to on Friday) etc.) And I was wanting to look at some Ceverny tubas. I was the thread bown on the list aobut opinions of the Ceverny F, and while some were not shining, others were good. I looked on the Ceverny F page and worte down the names of their F-line 651-5, 653-5i, 654-6, 661-6. Basically what I am asking is: (realizing that most have not heard me play a note) would one of these horns perhaps fit my bill as a lower cost f tuba on which to lean f, then upgrade if the need comes? Can anyaone give me a ballpark on price. Has anyone compared these to the MWs I listed above? to the Mira. 181s?

thanks in advance

eo

Follow Ups: