Re: Re: NEW !!! WEIGHTED SOUSAPHONE BITS !!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark F. on July 26, 2001 at 22:45:41:

In Reply to: Re: NEW !!! WEIGHTED SOUSAPHONE BITS !!! posted by Do you speak after you try or not after trying on July 26, 2001 at 22:22:26:

that's OK. I expect some people to be a little sceptical, especially Joe, who seems to knock everything that he does not sell. After all, it's a new idea, and some people think that anything that has not been done for 100 years must not be worth doing.
You know today I was to deliver a set of caps to a student of mine who has a 186. His dad is a band director, and on the way to his lesson I was worried that he would not like them, and I was going to look like I was trying to flease them for money. My product is so new, even I don't know how it will react with every player and horn, that's why I offer a money back guarantee.
You know what happened? first I had the kid try a school 186, and then his horn, with out the new caps, back to back, several times until we had a real good idea of the comparitive nature of both instruments. We both decided that the school horn has a darker and clearer sound, and his horn was thinner and brighter. THEN I put on the caps. WOW! All of my doubts vanished as soon as he played one note. He played abut three notes and leaned back and just said "WOW!" the difference is the depth of tone and core was just incredible. We played thru his state music, and he had probably his best lesson ever. His dad (the band director) came in at the end of his lesson, and could hear the difference right away. No contest, the horn played easier, and sounded much better. I felt foolish for ever doubting my product.
Remember, this whole job has been very time consuming, I would not have gotten into it if I didn't think it would be worth it.

I wish I had the time to drive up to memphis and let Joe hear these things in person. EVERY person that has tried my caps, or heard them in person has requested that I make a set for their horn.
I have done very little promotion on the web site since my original post announcing the web site, and ever that post was done with sean's permission. I will answer questions from anyone who is interested, and occationally might refer people to my web site, which has a very extensive FAQ page and some very informative links. I will let those do most of my talking for me, as I really do think I have a great product, not some nickel plated snake oil.

Mark

Follow Ups: