International Tuba Euphonium Workshop

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ted Cox on July 02, 2002 at 16:57:40:

The 5th annual International Tuba Euphonium Workshop concluded this past Saturday afternoon. This years workshop was the best one yet. I want to thank once again all those who participated and of course my fellow faculty members, Sam Pilafian, Deanna Swoboda and Brian Bowman. We felt the level of participants was the highest ever and we were able to move rapidly and cover a lot of ground. This years workshop "sold out" more that 3 months in advance creating quite a healthy waiting list. If you were unable to attend, I hope you will join us next year. Although it's very tenative, we believe we will have the workshop the last week of June. Stay tuned. We limit enrollment to 40 participants so that we have a better student to teacher ratio. Although we have the best spaces and the run of the building at O.U., you can only put so many people in one space. This is a total contact event. Meaning, the faculty lives in the dorms with the students. We all eat together and stay on the same floor together. We begin at 8 am and go to about 10 pm monday through friday. We try to cover every aspect of tuba and euphonium playing and want no one to leave with a question unanswered. For all of you who joined us this past week, thank you. You were all just great and I hope our paths cross again very soon.
T.C.

Follow Ups: