Re: Rehearsal Horror Stories

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Schultz on July 05, 2002 at 19:49:06:

In Reply to: Rehearsal Horror Stories posted by Larry Zaidan on July 05, 2002 at 17:32:13:

I suppose everyone thinks since tubas and sousas are BIG, they assume they are study... including the dumb-a** high school students who literally throw their tubas and sousas down on the field and put their bells down on asphalt pavement!
I took one of my old King 1235's to Rothenburg, Germany about six weeks ago and while I was eating dinner, stood the horn in a remote corner in a hotel lobby. You're right! When I returned, someone had messed with it and knocked it over! Funny; you expect these kind of things from kids, but usually it's stupid adults that cause problems. I've got a real low tolerance for ANYONE who touches my stuff... especially my horns or my wife... in that order.
One evening at a Shrine Band rehearsal, a horn player moved his chair back until one of the chair legs was on top of a tuba bell (not mine!). He sat down and put a real nasty dent in a really nice old Conn. His comment was 'oh well'.

Follow Ups: