Re: Rehearsal Horror Stories

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RC on July 06, 2002 at 00:33:04:

In Reply to: Rehearsal Horror Stories posted by Larry Zaidan on July 05, 2002 at 17:32:13:

This year in band class I had just finished rehearsal and was putting my tuba back in it's hard case. The second year that I was a this high school my band director bought a brand new Cerveny 681 for me to use. I loved that horn. I would never ever leave my horn out of it's hard case. This particular time I was putting it away in the back and I had just layed the horn in it's case as I was wiping out the mp and this stupid trumpet chucked his instrument in the shelves and then decided to try from long distance to throw his black folder into the shelves too. Well he missed and the folder came crashing down on my perfectly undamaged (for 4 years) tuba. The metal edges put two nice dents right by the thumb ring. I don't think he even had any time to say something stupid like "oops" because I just started swearing at him. I told him that he was luck that I hadn't gotten my new PT=-20 yet cause if he had I would have killed him. Maybe I went a little overboard, but it's just like a trumpet player. I had to restrain myself not to give him a couple of dents in the head, but I think I might have caved in that hollow sphere of his.

Richard

Follow Ups: