Re: Re: first valve help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by not NAPBIRT on July 09, 2002 at 17:55:59:

In Reply to: Re: first valve help posted by Matt Walters on July 09, 2002 at 17:17:03:

He might (??) mean that the threads on the bottom of the stem are broken off and forward-threaded all the way through - now rattling around inside the valve body.

As I recall, dealer cost on Besson pistons is extraordinarily high - around $100.

Without doing some risky time-consuming stuff, maybe replacing the piston is the only easy way to get rid of the rattle.

As pistons are notorious for not fitting properly in casings when new, I might not blame the repair-guy for wanting "full retail price" for a new valve.

Again, I'm probably totally wrong about the problem. Well over 75% of the time when people try to describe problems on the telephone, I guess totally wrong about what they're trying to tell me (due to the lingo, etc.).

If the problem IS the bottom threaded end of an old broken valve stem rattling around inside a piston (and it bothers the guy) maybe he could try dumping some super glue down the threaded hole and hope it gets on the stray piece - glueing to a surface inside the valve body.

Again: ???????????????????

Follow Ups: