Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mirafone 186 for sale - great condition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on July 30, 2002 at 14:35:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mirafone 186 for sale - great condition posted by Chris Horsch on July 30, 2002 at 13:55:21:

You might be disappointed to hear me in person. And I'll surely say something offensive soon enough--it never fails. I design traffic signals for a living, which made me the butt of about 75% of all complaints reaching the public agencies where I worked when I was in the public sector. You learn how to separate the content from the emotion, but I can still only do it in writing. I wrote something like 5000 letters to complaining citizens over a period of years. That's like playing 48 scales every day for ten years--you either get good at it or your brain explodes.

Sometimes I think the ability to think is not so rare as the ability to make it sound like thinking has taken place. I'm not nearly so clear and authoritative as either Joe S. or Klaus, and you guys should listen to them before me. Yet they are more direct and less "thoughty", so their opinions gather more attacks. Frankly, that mystifies me.

Rick "Truth can still sound like BS" Denney

Follow Ups: