Re: 2341 King tuba owners....HELP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on July 01, 2003 at 13:04:20:

In Reply to: 2341 King tuba owners....HELP posted by Perplexed on July 01, 2003 at 12:34:26:

No, you should not have to live with this. A new tuba should have excellent valve compression (i.e., no leakage at all that you can hear past well-oiled valves in your test), and you should expect that items are soldered down properly. You can't expect complete perfection with a King at this price point (the similar Conn CC is $3000 more expensive and still has some detailing issues), but there should be no major flaws.

A store should check for such things before sale, and if they didn't it is probably an oversight or blunder. Even so, it seems to me that for obvious out-of-the-box defects, the store should only make you pay shipping the first time.

A friend bought a 2341 last year, and he had to reject the first one that was presented to him because of construction flaws. The store sent it back and got another one for him to look at. The second one was fine.

Have you talked with the store yet? It seems to me that they should be first on your list of people to complain to.

Rick "suggesting that retail-shop-based adjustment and quality control should be expected with new tubas" Denney

Follow Ups: