Re: 2341 King tuba owners....HELP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on July 01, 2003 at 18:14:33:

In Reply to: 2341 King tuba owners....HELP posted by Perplexed on July 01, 2003 at 12:34:26:

"Perplexed",
The King tuba played as good or better than average when I serviced it and shipped it to you. Sorry I don't have a Differential Compression Testor like we used on aircraft cylinders. I only judge how a horn plays for me. I don't even think to give it the 'pull slide and pop valve' test if it plays well. Imagine: "Sorry, #3 valve shows a reading of only 7 over 15 psi. Son, it don't matter if you like the way it plays. We're gonna have to ground this here tuba." :-) There's a flash from the past.

I could go through a whole list of maybes, but without having the horn to see what happened, I can't go on anything but what I'm told. Here it is 2 hours after quiting time. I was catching up on E-mails and before I headed home, I thought I'd take a minute to see what is going on at TubeNet. I was disheartened to read your post. People, all merchants want you to be happy with their product and service. Some of us are more willing to help after the sale than some others. Please give us a fair chance to help you. I can fully appreciate your frustration. Yes, tubas are large and cost money to ship. If I could wave a magic wand and solve all your concerns from afar, I gladly would. That is why I was glad to order and ship you a valve that you could replace yourself. Maybe we need to get the people at King involved in returning your horn to the factory. I'd be gald to get the ball rolling for a Return Authorization to the factory if you wish. I'm glad to help with what is within my ability to do. Matt

Follow Ups: