Re: Re: Re: Re: State of Classical Music?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by francophone again. on July 10, 2003 at 01:57:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: State of Classical Music? posted by Mark Wiseman on July 06, 2003 at 15:03:17:

You know, my first inclination to your post was anger, but I thought to myself "I don't want to come off as having a bad attitude"(which maybe I still did- if so, forgive me).

Then I read your post again.

You sir, are IGNORANT, and I hope you are ashamed of yourself. I never thought I'd read on the tubenet a statement as blatantly ignorant:

"...there seem to be a lot of francophones with bad attitudes these days."

What's next? "There seem to be a lot of negroes with bad haircuts these days."? "...there seem to be a lot of jews with big noses these days."?

I've lived in both France and the United States for extended periods of time, and am a citizen of neither nation. I don't claim to be an authority on the general "attitudes" of either country as a whole, but I can tell you that the Anti-American sentiment in France does not come close to comparing with the anti-French sentiment stirred up recently by Fox News and CNN.

A good part of the world has realized that we need to function as a global society. Then there's a large part of the world that hasn't grown up yet... the middle east and much of Africa in their infancy, the United States a belligerent toddler.. all us grown-ups are doing is sitting back and watching you kids duke it out. We're doing it without name-calling. Your grandpa might have told you that the best way to teach is by example.. or maybe he was the kind of grandpa who told you to kick someone's ass on the first day of school, then nobody will mess with you. Well, I won't insult your intelligence by trying to illustrate that metaphor for you.

Good day, god bless.

Follow Ups: