Re: Question for Weril CC owners

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick on July 11, 2003 at 08:01:14:

In Reply to: Question for Weril CC owners posted by Santos on July 10, 2003 at 10:26:37:

I've had mine for about three years and am pretty happy with it. It plays pretty evenly and can be made to sound good with practice (like all tubas). But my funky sounding notes are the e flat just below the staff and the f an octave below the staff. My challenges have been keeping the sound full and round instead of an amplified buzz or barky sounding.

I haven't had a chance to have it gone over in a Matt/JoeS/Lee sort of way to see what could be tweaked. There is one visible solder blob in the leadpipe so I'm sure there are some others that could come out. I've wondered what a 5th valve might do on this little horn. My wife unintentionally modified the outside of the bottom bow trying to help me out carrying it out to the car one night but I'm almost over that.

What mouthpiece do you use with yours? I've been using helleburg style deep cup mouthpieces (Helleburg Sear & old style Miraphone Rose Orchestra).

Follow Ups: