Re: Exciting!??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott Mendoker on July 15, 2003 at 15:00:37:

In Reply to: Exciting!?? posted by Chris Beard on July 15, 2003 at 13:17:03:

Yes, it IS exciting that he's making them. The reason for my original post was due to the "rumor mill" saying that he WASN'T making them any longer. I even fell for it after Custom Music to that to me. I had heard that Custom Music had one and had just sold it a short time ago. They said that Walter was no longer making them when I had inquired as to whether they would be getting any more in. So - I called Walter Nirschl. And now I have an incredible new instrument.

The York models take over 200 hours to make. After being in the shop and seeing the care and skill exhibited by the workers there, I really think that they are still a bargain.

Walter's shop in Geretsried, already on the small side, will probably turn into a pro/custom shop. He'll be able to tweak Bessons and well as his own instruments and continue to make the Yorks every 6 months or so. (He also makes his own line of tenor and alto horns, rotory trumpets, rotory BBb tubas, a rotory F - that I wish I was able to play but wasn't together - and new models - INCLUDING a new F that is still in developement.)

Scott Mendoker

Follow Ups: