Re: Best, Current Tuba Professors?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill Pritchard on July 19, 2003 at 22:45:47:

In Reply to: Best, Current Tuba Professors? posted by Mike on July 18, 2003 at 00:03:24:

Don Harry- Eastman
David Kirk- Rice
Both of these guys have amazing ears and if you are looking for an orchestral job, these guys know what needs to happen. And they teach at 2 great schools and as far as great teachers that aren't in the "big name" conservatory type schools:
Scott Mendoker- Rutgers (He studied with Jacobs and he really opened up the door for me to see the big picture as far as what I needed to do to get into grad school and beyond)
And the guy who laid all of the ground work for me (and a bunch of other tuba players who went there and then went on to Eastman to do grad work and Julliard){plus a hell of a great guy and a Martin expert}
Paul Scott- William Paterson University
Chris Hall- I really have no idea where he is teaching now or even if he is, but a guy who at the age of 26 (I think) who wins the Met job has to be doing something right. He gave me a whole bunch of stuff to chew on.
Jeff Anderson- He just won the job in SF and I really enjoyed taking lessons from him while he was in Rochester, I don't know if he is teaching anywhere yet.
:-)
Bill
:-)

Follow Ups: