Re: Re: Re: Re: Aruba in a Tuba - Sunless Tanning Cream

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on July 26, 2003 at 08:32:31:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Aruba in a Tuba - Sunless Tanning Cream posted by Steve Dedman on July 23, 2003 at 14:42:18:

Don't get me wrong Steve, I really love Key West. All the keys have things to offer that you can't find on the mainland. The famous Adolph Grimal (famous to botanists) had an estate on Big Pine Key where he grew the most exotic fruit trees in all of North America (tropical and sub-tropical fruit trees are a passion of mine). When he died a few years ago, his estate was managed by another grower I knew and I was able to buy a couple of trees from the estate. Things I could never get elsewhere.

Key West has a pretty good golf course, inhabited by quite a few gators. Really. Watching sunsets on Mallory Square, with the jugglers and the weird vendors, is a unique experience. The Key West Cigar Factory makes a very fine cigar. Right next door is a very funny restaurant (I don't remember the name) that serves very good Cuban food and is painted on the inside to look like a training gym for boxers. The Conch Republic is a very unusual place indeed. And quite wonderful, even down to the 6-toed "Hemingway" cats. Unbelieveable.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: