Re: "Tools of the Trade" shirt idea

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on July 28, 2003 at 08:50:57:

In Reply to: "Tools of the Trade" shirt idea posted by Marty Neilan on July 27, 2003 at 22:19:08:

A few years ago I was exhibiting at the flute convention - different crowd. They want to see something in a lecture/presentation then flock to buy it. Needless to say, didn't do to good. Across the aisle from me was a company selling tshirts. A popular seller was a little pink one with a picture of Snoopy playing a flute with the caption "Tooting My Flute." They sold more of those than what I had. Since time was passing slowly, it got the thought process going.

The first thought was if I came up with pink shirts with "Tooting my Tuba," not only would I get kicked out of a tuba show but I'd be banned for life! What would be a great tuba shirt? I came up with an idea of the York shirt with the back having the full 1930's era engraving. With silver letters on black it looked like a biker's shirt. Brought them to a tuba show, older people loved them, kids didn't - "looks like a biker shirt," "don't get it," "Who is York?" What would have happenned with my second idea - a Conn Naked Lady Tshirt (forget that, Conn owns the copyright)?

As far as a "Tools of the Trade" shirt, in the 70's I bought a tuba tshirt at a show that had the logo from Howard Johnson's Gravity. Had five horns of various shapes and sizes. This was a great shirt! Now if we can get Howard into a re-release of this!

For any tuba shirt, we must take a suggestion about sizing from our own Richard Schneider - 6/4, 5/4, 4/4, 3/4, and F with no small sizes!

Follow Ups: