Re: Re: Re: Air escaping from corners of mouth-help!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on July 28, 2003 at 10:25:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Air escaping from corners of mouth-help! posted by Alexandra on July 28, 2003 at 01:16:02:

How ironic that the suggestion I offered for your problem was given to me back when I was a student at the University of Michigan. It truly is a very small world.

I felt the same way at first about putting more meat in the mouthpiece as you say you do. My advice there would be to just stick with it because that embouchure, in addition to possibly helping the leak problem, could also help your overall sound, high range production, and overall endurance. I use the Laskey line of mouthpieces on a few of my horns and you might try the 30G instead of the 28G that you're currently on. I don't think that this will particularly solve the leak problem because you've already stated that you leak on other mouthpieces. I make that suggestion because I found the 28 too small for me and the 30 was just right. It might be something to consider.

In any event, Fritz Kaenzig will be able to help you beat any problems like this. He's one of the best teachers out there. Good luck at UM!

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: