Tubas for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Olka on June 06, 1999 at 00:49:00:

I have two horns for sale. One is a Conn 2J in CC with 4 front action pistons. It is raw brass with a nickel inner bell. Small bore with Dillon adjustable gap receiver. Valves and slides work great. Perfect solo and quintet/dixieland CC tuba. Few small dents in bottom bow and in bell otherwise great shape. Gig bag is available.
The other is a Boehm and Meinl BBb. 4 pistons front action. All slides including the tuning slide are top pull so you can easily tune this instrument. It is a hand made instrument with great response and sound. Big bore .750 valves newly plated and vented. It is a 5/4 sized instrument, perfect for band or even orchestra, it is not a student instrument for sure. The horn has just been totally overhauled and is in fantastic shape. The bell says Marzan but Fred Marzan just imported these instruments and had his name on the bell, Boehm & Meinl made it. These are rare and quite good instruments. I am asking $3000 for the Conn and $4000 for the BBb. Time is a consideration and both prices are negotiable. I am buying a big expensive tuba and need to make up the slack between what I have and what I owe so I am ready to deal. Any serious inquiries should be sent to my email or 201-461-3126. I just sold another horn on this Bulletin Board and would like to thank the people who responded for their interest, this is a valuable resource.

Follow Ups: