Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on June 11, 1999 at 20:01:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings posted by Gary on June 11, 1999 at 18:49:05:

I respect your opinion, but this whole thing of name dropping and grouping of people has never been mentioned before by any of the people who some people feel are in the "exclusive ring". The top, based solely on volume, 10 posters whom are in this "ring", as you call it, actually have some very opposite views on a great many subjects.

The board is not run by a Board. The BBS gets it personality through the comments of those who choose to contribute. Periodically, sometimes toooooo periodically, a thread develops where people go from debating experiences and ideas to virtually assaulting each other personally. These are usually the types of things that the guy who runs the board, namely me, and deletes the thread. It is sometimes difficult to judge when something has gone from the grey area to obvious meanness, so sometimes these types of threads actually stick around.

I do like to guide the content in a general direction, and that is mostly based on my original premise for the creation and the ongoing maintenance. That premise was to create a forum in which creative ideas could be expressed in a non-hostile environment. When something comes along which draws me away from this or if it ceases to be fun anymore than I will tarball the whole thing and issue a `shutdown -h now`.

sean

Follow Ups: