Re: St. Petersburg Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul Posada on June 20, 1999 at 10:19:36:

In Reply to: St. Petersburg Tuba posted by Tom Abbs on June 19, 1999 at 14:38:13:

The St. Pete is a good horn, i have one and it has served me well. That is not to say it does not have it's problems just about every horn has it's own characteristics. The sound is beautiful and it is lightweight I like the big bore considering I use to play on a Yamaha 621. Okay moment of truth, the plating is very snsitive it easily dents so you must be careful and if yo can get your hands on the case do it, the valves have had their question if you buy from Die tuba get the upfrade german linkage, if not there is someone selling linkage on this page. I bought mine from Tuba Exchange and I have to say that I paid a lil too high for it. Mine is nickel plate and I have good linkage and I have not had a problem with it, but many people have had problems dealing with this company so I hear and there is question to their current shipment of St pete.s . I am selling mine because I have upgraded I love pistons, if you are interested mail me but here is the golden rule; "Try it See What Works Best For You"
respectfully
paul Posada

Follow Ups: