Re: Re: penderecki cappriccio

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on June 07, 2000 at 23:12:30:

In Reply to: Re: penderecki cappriccio posted by james on June 07, 2000 at 23:01:57:

I think that in a technical sense all the arrows mean is to play as low and high as you can. Myself and many others prefer to start out slightly smaller and expand outward in order to give that line some direction. This piece has a huge amount of room for interpretation. I don't know that you were really looking for specific advice on how to play this peice but if I were you I would take the time to do my homework and look up the different markings that you are unfamiliar with and decide where you think the different sections of the peice and sequences line up so that you can develop some sense of cohesion and direction to the piece rather than a series of random notes that are 'funny'. Different pro recordings that I have heard of this go in some surprising direction and you should really feel free to experiment a lot in order to find your voice in this peice. I also found it very helpful to record myself practicing this peice to find out if what I thought I was doing was really coming across to the audience.

good luck!
joseph

Follow Ups: